Breakfast is probably my favourite meal of the day, and it’s just got a whole lot better thanks to these healthy breakfast bakes!
My breakfast usually consists of a big bowl of fruit, gluten free oats, nuts and seeds. And like a genius I’ve decided to smush all that breakfasty goodness together into a handy biscuit.
They contain ripe bananas meaning they’re nice and soft when baked so can be eaten on the go, or broken up as a tasty breakfast topper.
What’s more they’re dead easy to make, which is handy as I’m not exactly Jamie Oliver in the kitchen. They’re also super tasty while containing lots of good stuff to start your day right.
So without further ado, here’s the recipe…
Gluten Free Breakfast Bakes
– 2 ripe bananas
– 200g gluten free rolled oats
– 100g raisins
– 80g sunflower seeds
– 50g flaked almonds
– 30g dessicated coconut
– 150g peanut butter
– 95g honey
– 50g coconut oil
– Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
– Add coconut oil to a pan on low heat until melted. Add honey and peanut butter and stir until combined. Set aside to cool.
– Add all other ingredients to a large bowl before adding the peanut butter mixture. Stir well until combined.
– Using your hands form just larger than golf ball size balls of the mixture then flatten on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Using this recipe you should be able to make 12-14 biscuits.
– Bake for 10-15 minutes until the biscuits start to turn golden brown.
– Set aside to cool before enjoying!
I love this idea! What a great, portable breakfast 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person